Small embedded computer board? (SLD PXA 255 DIMM)

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Tue Jan 6 21:37:53 PST 2004

I was considering this avenue as well. Would be something between good and
perfect, but the cost is prohibitive :(

Also, there are security concerns with multi-purpose devices, as they are
more complicated and more prone to exploitation; secure devices should
have as few functions as possible without impairing the usability.

Another concern is the ease of use. PDA interface is for high-tech-skilled
users. A secure telephone shouldn't be significantly more difficult to use
than a standard telephone.

If a device has to be mass-accepted, it has to be simple and cheap. Which
is why I look for cores for embeddable computer cores, like the PXA one.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, though. Implementations running on Zaurus
could be a way to cover another segment of the secure telephony market. :)