WiFi Repeater?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:33:00 PST 2004

Well, I don't think the truly passive route is the most appropriate.

At least, I can imagine the DHCP of Starbucks, for instance, will be "aware"
of my computer's Ethernet address, or at least it can be 'modified' to look
for me and report (to a TLA) when I'm online. (I'm no datacom guy so I may
have fumbled the correct usage of the terminology.)

With an active device "I" could be made to look different every time. (I
suppose some of this could be done in my laptop, but let's just assume I
don't own this computer and can't modify it.)

And I'd prefer if it didn't cost me an arm and a leg (come to think of it, I
could probably just buy a few cheap Linksys WiFi routers and scatter them
around, but I was hoping for something even cheaper, smaller, and less
obtrusive.)

-TD