DoS-ing fatherland goons

privacy.at Anonymous Remailer mixmaster at remailer.privacy.at
Sat Jan 3 02:01:45 PST 2004

If we put aside the probable and obvious cause for disrupting the air traffic - namely, introduction of the permanent emergency state (in the future 2-3% of all flights may be affected - small price for maintaining the power), I wonder what are the logistics of injecting false information into the snooping systems.

Most of those are automated and prone to false alarms.

Few ideas:

- Orchestrated credit card purchases under proper "suspicious" conditions ("travelling without husband" - check today's news).

- No shows at US-bound flights. Extremely efficient use of economy class fare.

- Orchestrated telephone conversations using codewords ("thw worm will meet the apple on monday")

- Ordering tens of almanacs, etc.

Some simple scanning around these ports will reveal what is effective and what is not. Bearing in mind that basic TCP/IP protocols, servers and clients, after years of fixing, are still vulnerable to new attacs I doubt that pinheads on the TLA payrolls will be able to fix theirs.

The beauty of these attacks is that they can be launched by any entity - from ragheads to governments, and next to impossible to trace if done properly.