Alt.cypherpunks will be where I do most of my posting

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Jan 2 23:19:32 PST 2004

    --
On 2 Jan 2004 at 20:59, Tim May wrote:
> Haskell running on 4 GHz of processor(s) gives you vastly
> more power than any 10 programmers had several years ago.

It is not clear to me that Haskell is useful for producing
programs that are actually useful to end users.   Sure you can
produce a prototype in nothing flat, but it seems to me that as
with complex SQL expressions, it is very easy to produce
Haskell expressions that evaluate several billion times slower
than they should when the program starts handling a large
number of users with a large number of transactions.

And to get back to the topic of this thread.  I cannot see
anything but random deranged crap in alt.cypherpunks -- maybe I
need to adjust my filters, but there does not seem to be any
signal in the noise.

Of course I can only see the signal on this list, because over
the years I have developed some heavy filtering.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     YQb62yf0QPQBkz/KNVrytafzyDVHcu0QnrRZFjtk
     4VZDFkJI1qFJz5kkRQ3B5fSrPDaexC02LM8G4xKMG