Alt.cypherpunks will be where I do most of my posting

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Fri Jan 2 20:59:41 PST 2004

On Jan 2, 2004, at 2:00 PM, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> Okay... At a time like this, I might  as well trot out the Tim May
> Google-Stalk URL so everyone can get the full treatment...:
>
> <http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF
> -8&as_uauthors=Tim%20May&lr=lang_en&num=100&hl=en>
>
> (timcmayatgotdotnet doesn't work because it misses the earlier
> address, but
> a "Tim May" in the author field does enough...)
>
> Thanks for all the fish.

I saw your silly stalking, your incorrect comments about Krakatoa.

Someday you may learn that content matters more than your "listen up,
boys and girls" and "milk ran out my nose" sort of patter. Then you may
find actual economic success, no longer dependent on your wife to
support you.

Consider that CPUs have gotten 10 times faster than when you started
yammering about "digital bearer instruments" and general programming
tools have gotten at least a couple of times better. If you can't
implement what you have been yammering about with this amount of CPU
power and tools, but instead think you need to raise $$$$ to hire a few
programmers and have a company, you are clearly smoking herb.

Haskell running on 4 GHz of processor(s) gives you vastly more power
than any 10 programmers had several years ago.

Get on with it, or give up. Your nattering about "e$" and "Philodex"
and "Digital Bearer Instruments" is getting really, really old.

--Tim May