Alt.cypherpunks will be where I do most of my posting

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Fri Jan 2 13:26:39 PST 2004

On Jan 2, 2004, at 1:03 PM, someone wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 13:18, Tim May wrote:
>> Second of the items lne.com never sent to the list (that I have seen,
>> 9-10 hours later).
>
> I saw both articles, both the originals and the reposts, on the LNE
> feed. I didn't, however, get the original of either on the pro-ns feed,
> but I saw the reposts on pro-ns.
>
> I subscribed to pro-ns after Eric M's announcement, but it seems to
> miss
> a lot of articles that I get from LNE. Still searching for a reliable
> feed which cuts out the Australian Jackass and other noise posts.

Several operators of Cypherpunks nodes have gotten tired of the topic
or the running of nodes and have moved on to other things. Even those
still running nodes rarely have anything to post themselves.

Those remaining on the remaining nodes, or at least the ones posting,
are mainly eurotrash lefties and American collectivists who just don't
get it.

As none of the alternatives to lne.com are what I'm looking for in a
node, I expect to do most of my future posting to alt.cypherpunks. This
newsgroup has been in existence for a bunch of years and periodically
gets interesting threads. A few sock puppets have been spamming it, but
filters are readily available to screen out the crud.

The advantage of a newsgroup is that all the distribution and
propagation issues are handled more or less automagically, The
disadvantages are well-known, but are not much worse than with some of
today's nodes (subject to long delays, dropped articles, etc.).

Another advantage is that the address will be more or less known to
anyone, at all times.

Also, no "friendly chats" by Feebs with the operators of a site.  And
virtually no chance of shutting down a newsgroup.

--Tim May