Freematt's review of "A State of Disobedience" By Tom Kratman

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:57:40 PST 2004

Well, yeah...there's been a lot of good to come out of the Christian world,
including the notion of "unalienable human rights".

But it's a worthwhile topic to troll about for a while. If you make a
calculation of the number of humans made miserable by greater Christendom
(to use a Kierkegaardian term), it probably dwarfs a similar calculation
made for other religions, including Stalinism. On the other hand, the
Christians learned how to make precise-bore gunpowder weapons earlier than
anyone else, so maybe it's just an historic accident.

However, fundamentalist forms of Christianity seem to be at the heart of a
lot of this Administration's shenannigans (see that Vanity Fair article on
Orrin Hatch and you'll be pretty upset...)

-TD