FCC vs decentralization

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Feb 14 02:50:18 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 12:34:01PM +1300, Peter Gutmann wrote: > The
RIAA/MPAA and US govt.are working on that. Stand by. I mentioned the
trend, but the point is that's not there yet. There are other countries,
which will take a lot of talking to and threat of economic sanctions,
before it happens. Trust-based BlackNets are really hard to penetrate --
you have to gain trust to join the network. A lot of the nodes will be
run by trojaned machines. A lot of these machines will be run on wireless
networks. Then there's anonymizing traffic remixing, and global
anonymized document storage -- it isn't, but it will be there, by the
time the threat becomes global. At that point a society has to make a
watershed decision, whether it's going police state, or will protect
pockets of privacy. So, no, I'm not over-worried yet. -- Eugen* Leitl
ICBM: 48.07078, 11.61144 http://www.leitl.org 8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3
B014 B08A 7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE http://moleculardevices.org
http://nanomachines.net