An interesting thread...Hacking Bluetooth

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 11:13:52 PST 2004

There's some guy ("German Guy") spouting some coherent-sounding conspiracy
theories over here:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?page=23&topic=10&message=54181&mpage=1&showdate=12/18/04

I wouldn't normally post something like this, but the guy's done a little
bit of homework on a huge variety of topics, so it's really an excellent
hoax, seen from a distance.

Here's on thing giving me some doubts, though (but of course if this is true
he may have just pulled it from Google somewhere):

"Here4s another myth: you cannot hack bluetooth from a distance of more than
40 metres. Not true. My technical partner Felix can crack it at over half a
kilometre. Which is why he enjoys driving around so much in areas where we
know British, American, Israeli or Russian ops are living or working. The
great thing about many German cities is that most affordable residences are
within metres of the street anyway."

Any comments?

-TD