pgp "global directory" bugged instructions

Jon Callas jon at pgp.com
Thu Dec 16 21:28:59 PST 2004

Thanks for the bug report. We appreciate your help in fine-tuning the
language in the verification emails of the beta test of the PGP Global
Directory. We noticed this one, ourselves, and put out an improvement
to it on Tuesday. Please check it over and see what you think of the
improved version.

If you would like to send bug reports to us directly, please feel free
to send them to beta at pgp.com. Cypherpunks and Cryptography are both
inefficient ways to get them to us, as Cryptography waits for Perry to
approve the post, and Cypherpunks waits for Bob Hettinga to forward it.

However, the Global Directory does not consolidate information from any
other keyservers. It is a replacement for the old keyserver,
keyserver.pgp.com, and will take over that venerable old server's job
once beta test is concluded. We are, however, migrating a number of
keys from the old keyserver to that one.

Think of the new keyserver as a mix between traditional keyservers,
mailing list servers like mailman, and a robot CA. Its intent is to
improve upon the older keyservers by giving some modicum of assurance
that keys in it belong to someone, as well as allowing someones to
recover from forgetting their passphrase.

	Jon

--
Jon Callas
CTO, CSO

--
Jon Callas
CTO, CSO
PGP Corporation         Tel: +1 (650) 319-9016
3460 West Bayshore      Fax: +1 (650) 319-9001
Palo Alto, CA 94303     PGP: ed15 5bdf cd41 adfc 00f3
USA                          28b6 52bf 5a46 bc98 e63d

This message could have been secured by PGP Universal. To secure
future messages from this sender, please click this link:

https://keys.pgp.com/b/b.e?r=cypherpunks%40minder.net&n=NsqztWUvWFO%2Be83dnF4HAw%3D%3D