Steve Thompson

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 18:11:02 PST 2004

No, it was I who laid claim to stoopidity. However, as for...

>My tentative
>analysis of the PR intent prompted me to stop reading the weekly in
>question as I have no interest in wasting my time with such unimportant
>drivel.  In my case, I feel there are much better things to spend time on
>-- as interesting as watching the PR spin might be as viewed from a
>cultural-anthropological perspective.

When the intent of the PR is obviously banal (eg, sell movie tickets) then I
agree that analysis is a waste of time. When there's a suspicious pattern of
misinformation, the (ultimate) intent of which is unknown, than analysis
equals consciously understanding that something shifty is afoot. Otherwise,
one's opinions about the slandered change every so slightly, no matter how
much we may dismiss such slander on the verbal/conscious level.

I consider it no coincidence too that we had that recent little
Jew-hater-baiting post from the same remailer. Someone is poking Cypherpunks
for the fun of it, or as part of their job description.

Remember, tiny impulses at a system's natural frequencies (ie, eigenvalues)
will eventually cause that system to dis-integrate.

Then again, as none of you are hot chicks I won't necessarily binge-purge if
Cypherpunks collapses in a fit of Twilight Zone-ish infighting.

-TD