Mixmaster is dead, long live wardriving

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Dec 12 20:05:30 PST 2004

    --
On 10 Dec 2004 at 21:47, Joseph Ashwood wrote:
> Wardriving is also basically dead. Sure there are a handful
> of people that do it, but the number is so small as to be
> irrelevant.

I regularly use the internet through other people's unprotected
wireless networks, simply for convenience while travelling, not
for any stego or anonymity purpose.   So do lots of other
people.  I only target places convenient to tourists and likely
to be rich in unprotected networks.   Maybe your network is
located someplace where it is not worth the trouble to find it.
Sometimes I go down the street and steal some bandwidth just
because I find it a change to work in the open air.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     hOnTAnMFC4mbjwvyxYfLSmvpUXtw2xutPOvdyU0k
     4Jx3r8szirxwjD/2L68Q0/BDk3jSlebytG9a9+2IQ