Mixmaster is dead, long live wardriving

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Dec 11 08:41:26 PST 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 08:17:32AM -0600, Riad S. Wahby wrote:

> This seems like a peculiarity of your location.  Here in Austin almost
> all of downtown is covered by free wireless.

I wonder how much of it is deliberate. I run my AP open for any passerby, and
expect similiar in return when I pass through their area.

Speaking of wireless, I'm very impressed with LinkSys WRT54GS alternative
firmware advances. It's only a question of time before robust ad hoc meshes
are available by simply reflashing your AP with alternative firmware.