Mixmaster is dead, long live wardriving

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sat Dec 11 13:01:17 PST 2004

At 10:08 AM 12/11/2004, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Justin wrote:
> > Not necessarily.  Mixmaster is trivial to use with Mutt.
> >
> > 1. Compile Mixmaster
>You just made my case for me.  Joe Sixpack will not wtf you are talking
>about.  Hell, half the RedHat users won't know either ("where's the RPM?").

Joe Sixpack got lost at "Compile".
It's still easier to use than the early versions of FreeS/WAN
("First do a clean compile of your kernel...")

On the other hand, if you're using Mutt, you're already
more complex than Joe Sixpack is likely to use.

Also, rather than a virus installer, it'd be interesting if there were
an anonymizer package built for Apache.  Widespread anonymous web browsing
would mean that simple web-based remailers would be easily usable.

----
Bill Stewart  bill.stewart at pobox.com