Half baked troll

R.W. (Bob) Erickson roberte at ripnet.com
Sat Dec 11 08:52:56 PST 2004

The need for a coherent framework to hang our speculations on is obvious.
The impossibility of any consensus based prototype is pure politics.

We need a way out, and that way is to take a lesson from the theory of
evolution.
The lucky semantic construction is tested in practice by a virtual swarm
of users.
If a given notion doesnt hold together the pieces of it
still populate the thoughtscape with a free radical chemistry.

Agreeing to disagree is insufficient,
Critical thought can reveal common folding lines
if we accept the notion that whats seperates people
are their individual stances, we are on the edge of something interesting.

Its my premiss that people are extrodinarily clever at making things fit.
We do see that individual pairs of people can find a bridge to
understanding,
even between radically different world view.
We just have never found a way to generalise such mutual understandings.

I posit the existence of a net path whereby all people could come to
know their commonality.

Not saying the path is accessable, but as long as we are unable to free
ourselves from ideology,
whats wrong with one that builds on our best?