primes as far as the eye can see, discrete continua

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Wed Dec 8 08:10:28 PST 2004

Tyler Durden wrote:

> What about where N=1?
>
> I don't understand. You can only have an infinite number (or number of
> progressions) where the number of numbers in a number is inifinite.

After googling up some references, it seems the Major made a small
misstatement.  Green appears to have proven that for any number N
greater than 1, there are an infinite number of prime progressions where
the primes are separated by N.  For example, 3,5,7 are all primes
differing by 2.  The _Science_ article is behind their paid-subscription
wall, so I can't look at the source, but
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20040424/mathtrek.asp talks a bit
about the general subject.

--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT