"Word" Of the Subgenius...

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Wed Dec 8 07:38:29 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 09:26, R.A. Hettinga wrote:
> At 9:17 AM -0500 12/8/04, John Kelsey wrote:
> > But once in awhile, even amidst the crazy rantings about useless eaters
> >and ovens, he'll toss out something that shows some deep, coherent thought
> >about some issue in a new and fascinating direction.
>
> Yup.
>
> Canonical Cypherpunk, and all that. Impossible to keep in a killfile, etc.
>
> Like it or not, we live in a Maysian Universe...

All we need is a Bayesian Maysian filter to separate the wheat from the
(racist | deranged | anarchist | readthearchives) chaff.

On a related note, is it possible that Tim has syphillis and it went to
his brain? His earlier work was certainly insightful, well thought-out,
and useful. His later writings, generally useless and irritating though
they were, still had occasional relevance. Poor Tim, sharing Nietzsche's
fate.