primes as far as the eye can see, discrete continua

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Dec 7 22:04:20 PST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> Saw in a recent _Science_ that Ben Green of Cambridge proved that for
> any N, there are an infinite number of evenly spaced progressions of
> primes that are N numbers long.  He got a prize for that.  Damn
> straight.

Where N is a natural number? How do they define "progression"? Depending
on that definition, there are some trivial counter examples.

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR