Michael Riconosciuto, PROMIS

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Mon Dec 6 01:50:04 PST 2004

Bill Stewart shrieb:

> There are several different issues related to PROMIS

Thanks for your comments.

But what about the person Michael Riconosciuto? I did some searches
online and I got the feeling that a lot people see him as an
extremely intelligent person, a one-in-a-million type of person,
being involved and on the front line with such diverse areas as human
intelligence, weapons, electronics, computers, cryptography,
bio-warfare etc.

It's stated online that he has warned US about several terrorist
attacks before they ocurred, including but not limited to the
al-qaeda attacks. Is this somewhat related to him being jailed? Can
he verify that US didn't act on alerts in ways so sensitive that the
government simply cannot afford to let him speak up? Does he know
things relating to US wanting some wars that the public simply cannot
be told?

I think I read somewhere that people from NSA or CIA thought of him
as simply put a genius. Is it likely that he as such a genius is
simply too dangerous for his own good when he decided to speak the
truth and that the government is actively trying to shut him down and
indirectly speed up his death by denying him medical care for his
illness?

Why did he come "clean" and sign the affidavit? He himself stated
that he though he risked being killed or harmed in various ways if he
went through with it. And indeed, just a week or two afterwards he
got arrested!

Smells like a government retaliation, set-up and cover-up if I ever
saw one!

This is almost to good for even Hollywood!

There are many interesting questions here. Keep in mind that not all
of us were around and active with intelligence/computers/cryptography
10-20 years ago.

John Young: Does Cryptome hold any interesting documents involving
this case?