Word

R.W. (Bob) Erickson roberte at ripnet.com
Sat Dec 4 15:42:01 PST 2004

word

You want me to say what I mean.

You expect me to not waste your time, but you dont know why I am here yet.

So I tell you that I am here to show you something interesting in words.

You can be sure that I'm only talking about words and not about things
that matter. You know the difference, between words and things that
matter, just like I do.

Sometimes when people get to using fancy words, they forget the
difference. Between you and me - we'll speak plainly - the country needs
more clarity, 'cause we cant afford to forget what matters.

We may not agree on much, but I'm certain that you really do see how
there's stuff that matters. I respect you for this. No doubt we can
agree that it's frustrating at times, to talk with smart asses who lack
this common sense.

Maybe you haven't felt like knocking some sense into this sort of fool,
but I bet you know what I mean. Like the saying goes, you can lead a
horse to water, but you cant make him talk plain.

So I've been thinking that maybe I can take a crack at translating their
alien thinking, some of their "expert" science and philosophy mumbo
jumbo to real talk. The Lord knows, we cant hope to make sense of all
the babble. If you can give me a bit more of your time, I do believe
that I can hook you up with a practical explanation for why those brainy
idiots keep going on and on. They get themselves all worked up to a
dizzy, trying to talk sense. Maybe we can do better.

Wish me luck!

--bob