Liquidnet: "Anonymous" institutional transactions

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 4 07:24:33 PST 2004

Holy Shit!

I point I made back in the May days was that a Blacknet able to accept
anonymous trades would really have a major impact on the business world.
Imagine getting early wind of some acquisition and then you could start
trading on that? That would eliminate a lot of the bullshit 'arbitrage' such
deals are often made out of, based on the rest of the world not knowing. For
the deal to make sense, it could only survive on the basis of really being
accretive to both companies.

This can't possibly be too anonymous, though. But one wonders if clever
endpoints might be able to augment Liquidnet's own anonymity a bit!

-TD