Unintended Consequences

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Fri Dec 3 10:03:15 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 00:30, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> At 04:44 AM 12/2/04 -0500, R.A. Hettinga wrote:
> >John Ross' "Unintended Consequences" is a classic of the, um, gun
> culture,
> >:-) and a great read.
>
> Made me want to name my first mulatto "Gonorreah" fer sure :-)

I tried, years before _UC_ came out, to get some friends to name their
daughter Chlamydia. They didn't know what the word meant, but for some
reason didn't trust my advice. Nor did they like Pudenda.

I also tried to get my wife to agree to a heroic name for our son. In
the tradition of Pericles and Sophocles, I present ... Testicles.

No, she didn't go for it.