Surveillance blimp currently up over NYC

Jock Gill jg45 at mac.com
Sun Aug 29 05:08:07 PDT 2004

Dave,

For IP if you wish.

A couple of questions about that surveillance blimp currently up over
NYC.  I understand it has some VERY sophisticated cameras on board with
"exceptional" resolving power.  I'd like to know who provided the
camera and if it is actually legal.  IE:  If this is domestic spying,
who is authorized to do it and who is prohibited?

Secondly, what does such a surveillance blimp say about our
constitutional rights to freely assemble without restraint or
intimidation and our rights to free speech?

Thirdly, who gets to see the pictures taken?  Will they be subject to
FOIA?  Will they be archived in secret?  What is their fate and should
we be concerned?

What recourse do we have?

Regards,

Jock