Welcome to the Church of Strong Cryptography.

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:35:14 PDT 2004

Goddam, Variola...I thought you had a sense of humor!

>At 01:26 PM 8/24/04 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
> >>PS: I thought Tyler had nominated himself as leader?  :-)
> >No, almost the opposite. I propose that any 'Cypherpunk' can declare
>himself
> >to be leader and make 'official statements' at any time.
>
>Oh, then you'd be reformed cypherpunk.  The orthodoxy is that the
>group has no head (an arch).

Well, Duh...no "Alpha Cat" of course. But if you're able to reverse-scam
someone or get some Qwality 'tang, then I won't cock-block you if you
declare yourself Cypherpunk leader to an outside party, so long as you have
zero expectations that the idea of a Cypherpunk 'leader' will have any
practical effect on my actions.

>and governments

Well, shit Variola. Here's where I can tell you haven't gotten laid in a
while. The 'release' was basically a gag...couched in Amerikan Rhetoric it
was actually stating precisely this (eg..."even terrorist cells operating
inside the DC Beltway..."). Done properly, the idea would be to have it go
down the sheeple's throat nice-n-smooth like, see, until they get to the end
and experience some dim glimmer of recognition as they realize who the real
terrorists are. And by then it's too late...the sheeple has swallowed a
'poison pill' gaurunteed (Officially, by Cypherpunks, or your money back) to
convert them one day into a little, tiny sleeper cell.

>Forget turbans, real terrorists wear neckties.

And don't forget those little American Flag lapel pins...the "mark of the
beast"?

-TD