Another John Young Sighting

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Tue Aug 24 06:39:08 PDT 2004

Tyler Durden [mailto:camera_lumina at hotmail.com]

> So...does Mr Young want to describe the FBI non/encounter?
> (Perhaps he has
> but I've been out of town and the hotmail account barfed up
> most recent
> posts.)
>
> What I don't yet fully grasp is why they bother. I suppose
> there are the
> following, but I suspect there's one key thing in their minds:
>
> 1) Scope out potential sources of arrestability.
> 2) Intimidate into "straighten up and fly right"
> 3) Pre-BB or not so-BB-work: Readily available weapons,
> etc...in case of
> raid?
> 4) Just sniffing out the orietation/motivations...ie, raghead or
> non-raghead?
>
> Of the above I consider 3) Unlikely, 2) Not superlikely, 1)
> Fairly likely
> and 4) Most probable.
>
> -TD

While I agree on your assessment, don't forget

 5) CYA. Since 9/11, the lower echelons of the
security apparatus know that if Something Bad
happens, and they are shown to have discounted
any hint or suspicion concerning any person
even very peripherally involved, their ass is
grass and their career goes in the toilet.

Peter