T. Kennedy == Terrorist says TSA

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Fri Aug 20 06:54:03 PDT 2004

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/08/20/MNGQ28BM1O1.DTL

Washington -- Sen. Edward "Ted" Kennedy said Thursday that he was stopped
and questioned at airports on the East Coast five times in March because
his name appeared on the government's secret "no-fly" list.

<SNIP>

"That a clerical error could lend one of the most powerful people in
Washington to the list -- it makes one wonder just how many others who are
not terrorists are on the list," said Reggie Shuford, a senior ACLU
counsel. "Someone of Sen. Kennedy's stature can simply call a friend to
have his name removed, but a regular American citizen does not have that
ability. He had to call three times himself."

<SNIP>

 + ^ + :"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.  /|\
  \|/  :They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country /\|/\
<--*-->:and our people, and neither do we." -G. W. Bush, 2004.08.05 \/|\/
 + v + :    War is Peace, freedom is slavery, Bush is President.