MD5 collisions?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Wed Aug 18 09:28:19 PDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> At 01:02 AM 8/18/2004, J.A. Terranson wrote:
> >Since when is on-topic crossposting an issue here?
>
> Since forever. Since before either of us joined the list (and I first
> started reading a decade ago).
>
> It's a matter of politeness and degree. A pointer to a discussion archived
> on the web is more useful than dozens of forwarded messages.
>
> Hey, I have an idea! Why don't I write a script crossposting everything
> from sci.crypt to cypherpunks! How about a few dozen other "on-topic"
> newsgroups and mailing lists too?

We're not talking about just sci.crypt chatter here, he has been
forwarding posts on one of the single most interesting (to anyone
crypto-inclined) topics in *years*.  And not everyone (crypto-inclined or
not) subs to all of the many sources: if you want to get the word out to
the less than hard-core, this list is a great starting point.

You complaints on this appear (based mostly on your banter with RAH) to be
more a personal problem than anything else.  Perhaps you should step back
and look at the big picture here?

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org
0xBD4A95BF

  "...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
  not.  And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
  about them."      Osama Bin Laden
	- - -

  "There aught to be limits to freedom!"    George Bush
	- - -

Which one scares you more?