maybe he would cash himself in? (Re: A Billion for Bin Laden)

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Thu Aug 12 11:41:40 PDT 2004

Maybe Bin Laden would turn himself in in return for a billion $ for
his cause (through a middle-man of course).

Seem to remember that Bin Laden was relatively wealthy himself (>100
M$?), but you'd have to balance these rewards to not be too
excessively much more than net worth of the individual.  As a rational
adversary would include in his game plan swapping himself for the
money for the cause.

Especially if it could be arranged in a way which tends to cast Bin
Laden in the martyr role him and encourage the hydra effect where it
galvanizes leutenants to step in.

Bin Laden would have to balance also with how valueable he thought his
leader ship was.

Of course the lieutenants themselves might do the calculation and
figure they would be closer to their goals after cashing in Bin Laden.

Adam