SF Bay Area Cypherpunks August 2004 Physical Meeting Announcement

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Aug 10 09:56:44 PDT 2004

Rick Moen suggested we have a Cypherpunks meeting in August, so:

SF Bay Area Cypherpunks August 2004 Physical Meeting Announcement

General Info:
DATE: Saturday 14 August 2004
TIME: 12:00 - 5:00 PM (Pacific Time)
PLACE:   Stanford University Campus - Tressider Union courtyard

Agenda: "Our agenda is a widely-held secret."  (This will be our first
meeting since April 2003, so the agenda is somewhat up for grabs.
Among upcoming events to note is the 7th annual Information Security
Conference, aka ISC04, Sept. 27-29 at Xerox PARC, http://isc04.uncc.edu/ .

Also of note:  Our friendly Federalistas seem to be imposing
unprecedented visa restrictions on visiting foreign cryptographers.
Is it time for all international cryptography conferences to move
off-shore?  See:  http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0407.html#3 )

As usual, this is an "Open Meeting on US Soil", and the public is invited.

Location Info:

    The meeting location will be familiar to those who've been to our outdoor
    meetings before, but for those who haven't been, it's on the Stanford
    University campus, at the tables outside Tressider Union, at the end of
    Santa Theresa, just west of Dinkelspiel Auditorium.
    We meet at the tables on the west side of the building, inside the
    horseshoe "U" formed by Tresidder. Ask anyone on campus where Tressider
    is and they'll help you find it.

    Food and beverages are available at the cafe inside Tresidder.

Location Maps:

    Stanford Campus (overview; Tressider is dead-center).
http://campus-map.stanford.edu/campus_map/bldg.jsp?cx=344&cy=471&zoomto=50&zoomfrom=30&bldgID=02-300
    Tressider Union (zoomed detail view).
http://campus-map.stanford.edu/campus_map/results.jsp?bldg=Tresidder
    Printable Stanford Map (407k).
http://www.stanford.edu/home/visitors/campus_map.pdf

[ This announcement sent to the following mailing lists:
         cypherpunks-announce at toad.com, meetingpunks at cryptorights.org,
         cypherpunks-request at minder.net, cryptography-request at metzdowd.com