Michael Moore in Cambridge (download speech)

Pete Capelli pcapelli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 06:00:51 PDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:06:39 -0400, Howie Goodell
<howie.goodell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, and Paul Revere rode to Lexington to promote his silversmithing
> business.  "A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and
> the value of nothing."  Mr. Moore speaks eloquently for the Left, the
> Center, and even former right-wing folks like me to join forces to get
> rid of the most cynical, opportunistic, divisive, and un-American
> administration since Richard Nixon's.  Don't whine next year about the
> terrible Administration if you don't take your chance this year to
> replace it with a much more reasonable one.

Is there a viable third party candidate that I am unaware of?  Other
than Badnarik, that is.

Being still currently undecided myself (although living in one of the
32 or so 'pre-ordained' states) I found this speech to be "most
cynical, opportunistic, divisive, and un-American" ones I've listend
to in awhile.  (At least since the ones in Boston last week).  I don't
expect any better from the ones in NYC the fisrt week of september,
either.

I hope you're right, and that a Kerry administration would be more
reasonable.  From what he's said, however, I *am* cynical.  In a
nutshell, he would;

-Continue the war in Iraq (Which he voted for as senator)
-Continue the Patriot Act (Which he voted for as senator)
-Raise taxes and increase spending
-Increase entitlements
-Prostrate the US to the UN and Europe

Of other important policy decisions, he can't be pinned down to a
specific answer.

So now I can vote for Jack Johnson (Yale grad, skull & bones member,
rich due to inheritance) or John Jackson (ditto).  Pardon me for
failing to see a difference.  There is no more Democratic Party, or a
Republican Party.  There is only the Bureaocratic Party, beholden to
themselves, worried only about their own perks and power.  If you
believe otherwise, then you've drank the Kool-aid too.