On what the NSA does with its tech

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 22:42:50 PDT 2004

>The impracticability of breaking symmetric ciphers is only a
>comparatively small part of the overall problem.

I see that "it can be done only by brute farce" myth is live and well.

Hint: all major cryptanalytic advances, where governments broke a cypher and
general public found out few *decades* later were not of brute-force kind.

And if anyone thinks today's hobby/private cryptographers are any smarter (in a
relative way) or more intelligent than their counterparts of 100 or 50 years
ago (that were in dark for decades) ... well, you are an idiot.

Today's crypto will be regarded in 2050 as Enigmas are regarded today.
Development does not stop in any particular period just because you live in it
and assume you're entitled to absolute knowledge.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows: