planet sized processors (Re: On what the NSA does with its tech)

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Wed Aug 4 15:16:14 PDT 2004

The planet sized processor stuff reminds me of Charlie Stross' sci-fi
short story "Scratch Monkey" which features nanotech, planet sized
processors which colonize space and build more planet-sized
processors.  The application is upload, real-time memory backup, and
afterlife in DreamTime (distributed simulation environment), and an
option of reincarnation.

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/fiction/monkey/

Adam