iTunes 4.5: "24 hours after I downloaded it... I've broken it"

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Apr 29 10:44:13 PDT 2004

<http://craz.net/programs/itunes/>

crazney.net - iTunes stuff

Welcome to my iTunes stuff website, here you will find  various things
relating to iTunes hacking that I have written.

 Last updated:April 29, 2004

 iTunes 4.5: iTunes 4.5 uses a new authentication algorithm. However, not
even  24 hours after I downloaded it, and that includes a little sleep and
lots of uni time,  I've broken it. Hah. Anyhow, libopendaap 0.2.0 and
tunesbrowser 0.1.4 are now available.

 <crazney> brb have to shut chooks in.
 <Fryboy> "I have just deconstructed the encryption protocol designed by
Apple's finest enginee..ah fuck the chicken has escaped"

 Pages here:

	* 	libopendaap:  A library for connecting to iTunes shares and
streaming audio files.
	* 	 tunesbrowser:  An application, built on top of libopendaap in
GTK  for browsing and playing the songs in various  iTunes shares.
	* 	 authentication:  A page describing the authentication procedure
used  by the latest iTunes programs in order to lock out  third party
applications.
	* 	 iTunes Music Store authentication:  A page describing the
authentication packets used by  the iTMS. This complements Jason Rohrers
iTMS-4-ALL project.

Say no to the AUS-FTA!

Contact info:
 See the front page for contact details.

 Please let me know if you use and enjoy (or hate) this software!

 Apple and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA