Fact checking

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at xevious.kicks-ass.net
Wed Apr 28 22:21:33 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 2004 April 28 23:30, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> In Canada we have the option to "decline to vote".  Go to the polling
> station, register your name, take the ballot, then tell the clerk
> that you "decline to vote".  This indicates that you believe that
> no-one on the ballot is a suitable candidate for office.  The ballot
> is counted, but none of the candidates gets a vote.

I noticed something similar when I voted in the primary this year. I
voted in the Republican primary, and there were *two* choices for
president: Bush and "Undecided" (or maybe it was "Uncommitted").

Anyway, my question: can you decline to vote on an office-by-office
basis, or is it all or nothing?

--
Shawn K. Quinn