Fact checking

Tim Benham pique at netspace.net.au
Tue Apr 27 15:54:52 PDT 2004

> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:06:50 -0400
> From: "Tyler Durden" <camera_lumina at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Fact checking
>
> >How do you start motivating a lazy and apathetic public to learn about
> >their
> >candidates, and vote?  Door-to-door campaigns?  Talks at the local
> > library? Grocery store posters?
>
> Well, imagine if we could buy votes...I'd bet we could scrounge up a few
> hundred thousand votes for the price of a few vials of crack. Then imagine
> we 'elect' bin Laden as a Senator or something with these votes.
>
> I bet people would start voting after that.

If they don't, offer them two vials of crack!

More benefits of the vote buying scheme are being discovered daily. Maybe it
could be trialled at a local level in the US. You could get it started with
one of those proposition thingies you have over there. It shouldn't be
difficult - how much would it cost to get someone to sign a petition?

cheers,
Tim