[IP] One Internet provider's view of FBI's CALEA wiretap push

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Thu Apr 22 13:18:25 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 14:53, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> I wonder how quickly one could incinerate a memory card in the field
> with high success rate?   Destroy the data and the passphrases don't
> help.

The first thing that popped into my mind is a USB key with a small cake
of potassium permanganate affixed to the flash chip and a rupturable
bladder filled with glycerin on top.  In case of problem, squeeze to
rupture the bladder and throw it somewhere.  If outside and near weeds,
it'll be very hard to find before the misture does its exothermic
thing.  That mixture will ignite thermite... should be able to do a
number on a flash chip pretty well.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
Never Forget:  It's Only 1's and 0's!