voting

David Jablon dpj at theworld.com
Fri Apr 16 11:07:19 PDT 2004

I think Ed's criticism is off-target.  Where is the "privacy problem" with
Chaum receipts when Ed and others still have the freedom to refuse
theirs or throw them away?

It seems a legitimate priority for a voting system to be designed to
assure voters that the system is working.  What I see in serious
voting system research efforts are attempts to build systems that
provide both accountability and privacy, with minimal tradeoffs.

If some kind of tradeoff between accountability and privacy is inevitable,
in an extreme scenario, I'd still prefer the option to make the tradeoff for
myself, rather than have the system automatically choose for me.

-- David