Fornicalia Lawmaker Moves to Block Gmail

Gabriel Rocha gabe at seul.org
Thu Apr 15 02:48:47 PDT 2004

		On Wed, Apr 14, at 08:22PM, Justin wrote:
| I'm not concerned with the advertising itself.  My concern is that the
| Gmail service would provide an unacceptable level of detail on message
| content to whoever's monitoring the advertisement logs.

I only say something because I have seen this point before and find it
ludicrous. How much more detail than the message itself does the
advertizing agency need? Google is the one targetting the adds at its
customers. Google is the organization with all the emails. If they want
to know what's in your emails, they don't need to bother to come up with
an elaborate scheme for it... "You never have to delete email" doesn't
have to be an advertizing pitch for customers. Rather, it can be a nice
nifty advertizing pitch for the feds. Why subpeana the advertizing logs
when you can subpeana the emails themselves?