On Killing Blaster

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Mon Apr 12 20:03:30 PDT 2004

At 04:26 PM 4/11/04 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
>"When faced with force, you reply with force when you can."
>
>Nah. This isn't even true in a fistfight, except when the guy you're
>fighting is a) significantly smaller than you, and b) less trained.
More
>often than not, if someone attacks you, it's because they either have
or
>perceive themselves to have an overwhelmingly superior force.

See "asymetric warfare"

Sometimes a stronger adversary decides its not worth it.  See Lebanon
and a few hundred dead Marines.  See Vietnam.

(Speaking of which, I heard McCain arguing that if we leave .iq
the place becomes a hotbed of 'terrorism'.  Anyone remember the
Domino theory?)

And of course, if it's possible to
>diarm your opponent without actually killing or maiming him, that's
>sometimes far more appropriate...

No, then he'll sue you.

>As someone said better than myself, Crypto is one little tool in an
aresenal
>against "Men with Guns"...in the end Men With Guns will probably try to

>shoot away bits, but it's not going to work too well.

You forget that there are no bits which are not physical.  Physical
things reside on land leased from the State (try not paying your
real estate taxes).  All cables make a landing somewhere.

Meanwhile, P2P, WiFi,
>Crypto,and lots of other stuff will slowly start to chip away at things
on
>the edges, until the core is exposed.

Where are you going to buy your hardware from, that it can't be
shut down?   How are you going to hide your TX from the DXing
white vans?