current status of cypherpunks, tim may, etc. ??

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 11 16:10:02 PDT 2004

"Tim regularly and thoroughly jumped up my ass about my various ideological
impurities"

Well, this was fairly annoying and I think made it harder to dig out the
gold from Tim May's poop. And in a way, this was self-defeating from a
topple-the-state point of view.

My point was (and sometimes is) that our beliefs about Economics,
capitalism, and politics are to some extent irrelevant in the light of a
techno-determinist point of view (Riad Wahbi pointed this out a few posts
ago). In that context, raising some questions about some of the accepted
notions about capitalism wasn't (for me at least) necessarily an attempt to
"fight" the crypto-anarchic view/goal/partyline May seemed bent on
establishing, but rather to suggest that even groups or individuals with
ostenibly very different goals might be able to embrace a crypto-approach
towards achieving their aims. In other words, it should be considered a good
thing if leftists or liberals or Jihadists utilize well-formed crypto...that
can actually only accelerate whatever's down the pike. And opening the
discussions up a bit for such not only keeps away the philosophical
inbreeding of some lists, it might actually start something amongst
adherents of that point of view.

And hell, if there's a way to maintain a left-wing stance without that
eventually resulting in me having to put in 14 hour days in People's Shoe
Factory Number 14, then more power to 'em....I think it's probably too late
even for some 21st Century hyper-Stalin to sieze control of both wireline
and wireless internet now... but again, who gives a crap. Crypto's probably
already passed the point of no return, no matter what kind of State George
Dubya continues to unleash on us.

-TD

So...how many years before it's possible for an online group to anonymously
fun, order up and drop-ship weapons on a besieged people trying to maintain
their national sovereignty?

Premium!