Gmail as Blacknet (legally required forgetting)

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Fri Apr 9 20:35:47 PDT 2004

At 05:16 PM 4/9/04 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
>(As an aside, although debt has to be -forgiven- after 7 years,
contrary to
>popular belief it is not true that a debt has to be -forgotten-...I
know of
>one credit major card company that will not accept 'new' cardmembers
that
>didn't pay back what they owed, even if that's 15 years ago. That's
actually
>perfectly legal.)

I don't know about your anecdote, but Mr. May's original point
was that the law *requires* companies to forget.   Which is
of course an illegitimate intrusion of the state into private affairs.

And the responsibles need killing.

Ahhh, that feels better.

-----
"When I was your age we didn't have Tim May! We had to be paranoid
on our own! And we were grateful!" --Alan Olsen