Gmail as Blacknet

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:16:23 PDT 2004

Actually, to some extent I did realize this, though I couldn't resist the
droll troll urge.

And of course, perpetual storage isn't really any kind of end-goal
itself...the 'goal' of course is to be able to securely store and move
information without fear (or the possibility due to anonymity) of reprisal,
if that is so desired.

(As an aside, although debt has to be -forgiven- after 7 years, contrary to
popular belief it is not true that a debt has to be -forgotten-...I know of
one credit major card company that will not accept 'new' cardmembers that
didn't pay back what they owed, even if that's 15 years ago. That's actually
perfectly legal.)

That said, I guess the dude does have an interesting point under all that
stuff, after all. That point being that (most likely) free email
capabilities may in some cases become like the now-defunct lockers in Grand
Central Station...a place where "stuff" can be stored securely, and access
granted at will. The key feature (as you point out) isn't so much the
storage capacity (although the increasing size of such capacity makes this a
more and more attractive option), but the google search feature.

OK, point conceded (once I tore off the wrapper).

-TD