Firm invites experts to punch holes in ballot software

Ian Grigg iang at systemics.com
Wed Apr 7 12:42:47 PDT 2004

Trei, Peter wrote:
> Frankly, the whole online-verification step seems like an
> unneccesary complication.

It seems to me that the requirement for after-the-vote
verification ("to prove your vote was counted") clashes
rather directly with the requirement to protect voters
from coercion ("I can't prove I voted in a particular
way.") or other incentives-based attacks.

You can have one, or the other, but not both, right?

It would seem that the former must give way to the latter,
at least in political voting.  I.e., no verification after
the vote.

iang