Choicepoint - collecting the data of our lives

Poindexter at SAFe-mail.net Poindexter at SAFe-mail.net
Mon Apr 5 17:48:18 PDT 2004

And you thought my Information Awareness program was a threat?

"The Constitution guarantees some privacy, but not anonymity, Smith has said repeatedly. The courts concur. People have no right to lie about who they are, or to request credentials that convey rights and privileges - such as driver's licenses or permits - without proving their identities. The people who wish to remain anonymous trouble Smith the most. "It is the anonymous person," he writes, "or small group of people, who represent the greatest risks - economic, physical or emotional - facing us today."

http://www.govexec.com/features/0304/0304s1.htm