[Politech] John Gilmore on the homeless, RFID tags, and ki ttens

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Fri Apr 2 09:03:34 PST 2004

At 11:38 AM 4/2/04 -0500, Trei, Peter wrote:

>I haven't eaten domestic cat, but I have eaten lion. Suprisingly,
>it was a light tender meat, resembling veal more than anything
>else. Tasted good.

Just out of curiosity, how did you verify that it was in fact that
species?

I mean, if you beat a monkey to death at your table, or buy a live
civet,
you see it before its served.

I recently read about a firm selling "what's that meat" biochem assays
on a chip.  Useful for everyone from gourmets to kosher to customs.

>"So who's top predator now?"

You're just a mobile incubator for E. coli :-)

-------
"I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables."