CNN.com - House votes for do-not-call registry - Sep. 25, 2003 (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Sep 25 10:53:59 PDT 2003

"50 million Americans can't be wrong." Let's see, there are 300M
Americans...this is a logical flaw, an appeal to the majority when in fact
it isn't even a majority.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/25/congress.no.call/index.html

Now let me make this clear I support the do-not-call list, in fact I
believe it should be the defacto and people should have to sign up to be
called, not the other way around. Such an approach would resolve the
'unsolicted' issues as well.

As usual we have the cart in front of the horse.

 -- --

God exists because mathematics is consistent, and the Devil exist because we
can't prove it.
                          Andre Weil, in H. Eves, Mathematical Circles Adieu

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.com
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.com