Elngsih (was "")

Adam Lydick adam.lydick at verizon.net
Wed Sep 24 13:33:52 PDT 2003

Interesting idea, but it seems like that would be easy enough to foil.
Why not just put the "inner" characters in a canonical order when
scanning? (searching via google or another strict keyword-based search
engine is another matter) Then you can cheaply match on a single form
regardless of how they have permuted the word. I think the existing
techniques that I've seen on the binaries channels on usenet and some of
the spam I've been getting lately are already more effective. They just
inject noise characters and use creative phonetic spellings.

Maybe reducing the "words" to an improved soundex-like hash would be a
more effective technique for dealing with this issue. Anyone know of any
work in this area? (spell-checker research would probably yield the most
results)

Adam Lydick