Duck Freedom Fighter (Terrorists), Euler SUV Graffiti

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Mon Sep 22 09:46:51 PDT 2003

At 03:05 PM 9/22/03 +0100, ken wrote:
>Major Variola (ret.) wrote:
>> This is *not* a spoof.
>
>Why should we think it a spoof? Maybe the USA is just catchiung
>up. In my home town, Brighton in Enlgand, people calling
>themselves the ALF used to do this sort of thing pretty regularly
>in the late 70s and in the 80s.  Once they let some cattle free in
>the street from a local abattoir.

One *might* think it a spoof because the ALFers rescued
4 overweight ducks.

Had they been, say, a couple of tracheotomized
lab beagles, or something else furry with big brown eyes, the
PR would have been better.   And letting the cattle roam a street
is not going to save them, unless the street is in India.  The
ducks were taken to vets and will be taken care of.

I realize that some UK ALFers are a bit more effective.

The local ELFers are at least making more of a financial
dent ---toast some West Covina Hummers, recycle the carbon
in some San Diego houses under construction.   Auntie
Arson would be proud.

Of course, they get called domestic
terrorists, having harmed *zero* animals (incl.
simians), while some of our revered congressvermin have
killed people.   (Its ok, they were just gooks, and they had
government permission; well, except for that
congressvermin who recently ran down a motorcyclist;
and Ted Kennedy of course; and all the indirect
violence the congressvermin create.)

Its all about as amusing as the ending of "12 monkeys"...

---
"all the normalities of the social contract are
abandoned in war"    Jack Valenti MPAA pres,
in LATimes on Kerry's war crimes

"If we are thieves, so were the members of the Underground Railroad who
freed the slaves of the South;
And if we are vandals, so were those who destroyed forever the gas
chambers of Buchanwald and Auschwitz." -- X (ALF)

"I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables"
-Anon

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.