Weekly Hangar 18 Social

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Sep 20 22:31:58 PDT 2003

Asymmetric Clustering...

          Distributed Name Space...

                    Global Sign-on...

                              Guerrilla Networking...

                                        Open Source Technology...

Do these words make your heart beat faster and your breath go shallow?
If so then perhaps you should become involved with Hangar 18. We are
a tit-for-tat group of computer hobbyist of a wide range of skills
intent on building the next computing infra-structure using Open Source
technology. We don't focus on any one form of technology but instead
focus on real world applications in grid or large scale distributed
computing.

Time:                Oct. 25, 2003 (last Thu. of month)
                     Every Thursday, excluding national holidays
                     7:00 - 9:00 pm (or later)
                     http://open-forge.org

Location:            The location varies from week to week so be sure
                     to check with an active Hangar 18 member (or
                     join the mailing list!) for more information.

                     The last Thursday of each month we meet at the Robot
                     Group. Please contact them directly for directions,
                     per their request.

                     http://robotgroup.net

Identification:      We'll be the group with the Plan 9 stuff...;)

Homepage:            http://open-forge.org/hangar18/

                     in the body 'subscribe hangar18-general' and nothing
                     else. You should be subscribed to the list and recieve
                     a notification back from the server. There are a
                     variety of mailing lists currently available.

Internet Relay Chat: kraken.open-forge.org
                     6667
                     The Open Forge group tries to meet each evening at
                     10PM (Austin, Tx.). The server is available for use
                     24/365.

Austin Contacts:     Open Forge, LLC
                     helpdesk: 512-695-4126 (24/365)
                     vmb: 512-451-7087
                     help at open-forge.com

Events & News:       There is a 1st Saturday Sale road trip scheduled for
                     Oct. 4.

                     We'll be starting a re-write of the installation How
                     To over the next week or so. Look for it around the
                     first couple of Oct.