Austin Cypherpunks Montly Social

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Sep 20 22:24:02 PDT 2003

Time:                October 14, 2003
                     Second Tuesday of each month
                     7:00 - 9:00 pm (or later)

Location:            Central Market HEB Cafe
                     38th and N. Lamar
                     Weather permitting we meet in the un-covered tables.
                     If it's inclimate but not overly cold we meet in the
                     outside covered section. Otherwise look for us inside
                     the building proper.

Identification:      Look for the group with the "Applied Cryptography"
                     book. It will have a red cover and is about 2 in. thick.

Contact Info:        http://einstein.ssz.com/cdr

                     There is an irc channel that is available 24/365 at
                     irc.open-forge.org on port 6667. This resource is made
                     available by the good graces of Open Forge, LLC.

                     The mailing list can be joined by sending an email to
                     majordomo at ssz.com with 'subscribe austin-cpunks' in the
                     body.

News & Events:       The H18 Plan 9 efforts are well underway with three
                     three (3) boxes available in Austin (more on the way)
                     and other boxes in places like Russia, Spain, and
                     Portugal. We are currently working on kernel patches
                     that allow an increased pool of cpu servers to be
                     available to user processes. Another P9  effort is
                     integrating RSA into the factotum.

                     We've got several wireless nodes available now and
                     will be upgrading the SSZ node in particular in the
                     next couple of weeks. We're expanding our system
                     from just 802.11b to include a, b, & g.

                     There will be a road trip to Dallas on Oct. 4 for the
                     1st Saturday Computer Sale that is held each month.